Tuesday, December 11, 2007

About Me Section

This was such a good about me section I wanted to save it somewhere...

A lot of things in my life are in a transitional stage right now.
I'm learning to love myself. I know, that's so cliche, right? But it's really true. Today was the first time in a LONG time that I was able to laugh with abandon, to say that I loved my life! Yes, there are a lot of...complications...
I had just given up on my life before, I wanted to throw it out the window like a shitty computer and just start over! But now, I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
I am who I am. I understand my behavior better, I understand myself better, and I'm so grateful to have control over my life again.
For many reasons, having control in my life means so much. When a person loses control of things that have occured in their life, it's crucial that they find some way to gain control again.
It took so much sacrifice in my life - unfortunately, I may have sacrificed that which was most dear to me. I destroyed my relationships, my self-confidence, my enjoyment, myself, and (most horribly) those I love before being able to make a change.
I've come to terms with a lot of loss in my life, and I consider this a sort of renewal. I've had to lose a lot, but hopefully I haven't burned all of my bridges and I can regain much of what I have destroyed.
My relationships have born the brunt of my problems, and for that, I am eternally sorry.
I understand if what I've done is unforgiveable, because I am not sure that I will ever be able to forgive myself.
I've begun to surround myself with love again - making amends with my parents, my family, old high schools friends. I'm reconnecting with a past I thought I wanted to leave behind. Where my new friends have fallen short, my old friends have picked me up. In the greatest times of need, true friends have kept me from myself in times where that was most crucial. It is true - make new friends, but keep the old - some are silver, and the other gold.
I love my golden friends.
The light at the end of the tunnel is so bright, so beautiful...it's the rest of the my life, the hope for my future, the determination to perservere through all. It's the love of my family and my friends, it's the carefree laughter, and the times to simply be held and cry.
I thank you all for loving me in a way that I have been unable to love myself lately.
You have given my reason to move forward, strength to take on tomorrow, and courage to make my mind up for myself and for no one else.
To everyone -
Surround yourself with love.
Apologize when you have done wrong.
Forgive when you have been wronged.
Spend time in the sun, if only to remind yourself that there is one.
Play with carefree and giddy laughter.
Hug often. Hugs heal pain.
Choose the life you want to lead.
Be kind, compassionate, and considerate to those who do not, or cannot, show the same to you.
Real love is a permanently self-enlarging experience.
Let yourself be loved. This is the most difficult of all.

No comments: