Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I'm pretty sure I just drooled on myself

Things like...
wormwood...
work their way into my mind at this hour
and i think of all the inks
i want to slip under my skin and carry with me
as a testament
to my endurance
and my temperance.

Never will I be real enough to some people in this world to matter
but to the world I walk in,
I will leave a mark.

The world may leave marks on you,
but you must leave a bigger one on it.

I could list and check my way
down the myriad of SHIT
that has hit my fan this semester.
But it would all sound like excuses

instead of the collection of scars I've grown into and now
cherish so much.

So I don't want to sound like a whiny bitch,
and I'll let you guess what has gone so horribly wrong
in the life of this girl
who grew up in the country
but whose eyes never left greater things.

No comments: