Monday, March 24, 2008

Things that have happened

as a man who gives thought to everything
(and everyone)
flattered and overwhelmed
that i would take up space in your mind
even
for rent
for a bit
just to maybe sub-let?

a fool's game
may be just the game
i'd play with you

your fingertips caress my skin
my lips
my hair
my hands
my pragmatic hands

well,
its been a long time since ive shivered like that

and so it goes.
the give and take and make and break
giving myself over to the fear
taking lashes from your lips
making something from what can never be
and breaking into a million pieces

you break it, you buy it
and my million pieces have your name written all over

seared into each part of me
by a hand
a kiss
a bit of bliss
gems in the ends
of your fingers
turn me on and up and bright

and now im begging you
to take a leap with me


i hope that's what you mean.

No comments: