Friday, February 15, 2008

On Valentine's Day (a poem I wrote previously)

to you -
with blue eyes full of rain.
with hearts unknown
in size and underestimated in numbers.

to you -
with fingers light and nimble
on my features
threading your way into my soul
relentless and cruel

Warm lips to warm lips
and skin that twists and turns
rising to meet you.

To you-
who bursts through doors
and breaks walls with fists
and destroys the former five senses
implying a 7th and an 8th...

to you -
who pops away the seams
holding together my perfect world.

In all my love and frustration...
When I wake up and
feel you warm next to me
in the early morning
my eyes smile beneath my lids
and I am certain you can hear my contented sigh.

No one but you,
not even the clouds,
is big enough to hold my face in one hand.

No comments: