Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sleepless

the only thing that lights my nights
is the screen from my computer

where once and one day there will be
sparks flying from my eyes to your mouth
from your fingertips to my hip
from my lips to your neck
sparks were flying
and so were we

and it has been before
and so it will be.

I wanted to tell you,
I am capable of loving again.
I just figured that out.
And I want to try to do that with you.

Your hands coax from me
a willingness that surprises even me
to take and be taken
to ravish and to pillage
the body that separates the real you
from the real me.

And I can love you with my whole heart
but unless you let me love
your whole body with my whole being,
I can't agree to this love.

Before this love even exists,
I'm making you a deal you should not ignore...
Love and sex go hand in hand for me,
and you will worship my body
just as I worship the way yours works.

The way my body sighs and moans
in leaning on you
in leaning into you
I feel the wall behind my shoulder blades
and I feel you
in front of me
pressed against me like you have never really been far from my skin to begin with.

I want to read your life story
off the pores of your skin,
to see what you have written about me there.
I want to taste the sweat that beads on your forehead
when you worry about insignificant things,
like the fighting back home.
I want to take this song you have written for me
between my teeth and test it
and see how much it will really hold strong through?
And will we hold strong through as much?
I want to make vows through my lips to your shoulder as you
move inside me,
while I break promises over your back
like waves crashing on rocks.
We are obviously two parts
of the same setting, the same environment.
You already speak the language of
my deep dark cunt and
the sticky sweetness you can find inside me.
You already speak the language of tongues
lap-lap-lapping at my eyes
at my ears
at my thighs.
You can see laughlines on my face
that don't even exist yet,
telling you what you already know -
I'm yours for the rest of this, I'm in.

If you will stay in me,
in my mind all day,
side-stepping my shadow
with one touch,
one brush of your lips over my eager nipples...
I am in this for you.

No comments: