Tuesday, November 13, 2007

because it sees more it is willing to see less

Because you have seen more of me you are all willing to see less
and i cry in your warmth

when you wipe my self-pity from my eyes and you smother me with work and love and hate and love and respect
i begin to see myself the way you see me

as i am seen.

as i am seen by you, i am loved by you, and the love in your eyes makes me your forehead furrow and i can see through those fields and into your heart, which for you, resides in your mind.

and my chest leaps forwward into your chest, leaps forward onto your feet and all too eagerly laps at your eyes and the liquid they are seeping and you are holding back

but you knew before I did that I would be all too eager and you accept that.

And I stand before you and you join me in that night when I was lower than I have ever been and you see that night in my heart and hear it in my lips and tongue and need it just like i needed it, you need it to know that I am just like you

I am just like you.

And I hold you in my heart and my arms when you are not around.

And I want to say thank you for seeing me in that moment and not just looking but seeing.

No comments: